Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Cracked Screens Are Overanalyzed By Old People

This is truly the worst. I hate it.
I don't feel cool at all.
So I've recently stumbled upon a few articles written by the lovely Baby Boomers likening the ownership of a cracked phone screen to a status symbol, often being referred to as an tool to increase "street cred."

A few things about that theory from "the kids these days."

No. What? Why in hell would we ever WANT a screen that threatens the skin of our thumbs with each use, the reality of a glass splinter with every text? Not to mention it looks like shit and causes the "oh, yikes, what happened there..." conversation from every friend, acquaintance and passerby.*

Another thought for the omniscient narrators of our generation: priorities! We're poor AF. Very poor. We're frequently deciding between a burrito and a new phone, and for that reason, dropping upwards of $100 on a new screen just to break it again in a week? No bueno.

In short, dear overly analytic elder folk:

"HEY, [GEN Y], LEAVE THOSE KIDS ALONE." - Pink Floyd

*(I was running to the bus and it was freezing and it fell out of my pocket, OKAY? I'm traumatized let's talk about something else.)


1 comment:

  1. So accurate, Emma! Currently dealing with the cracked screen effect myself. Judgement radiates off everyone who discovers it. Everyone from my dental hygienist to my boss has told me where to get it fixed ... but likeee, still waiting for someone to offer to foot the bill! lol

    ReplyDelete

Okay But, Pollywogs.

You may have never really thought about it, but there are tadpoles, and then there are frogs. But like, in between those two things, there i...