Thursday, September 19, 2013

I'm so happy I'm not a brick building builder

Okay bear with me here people. 

Look at a brick building. In your brain take like, a fraction of that building (a wall, a courtyard, an arc, totally up to you.)

Now imagine having to build that. 

First off, bricks aren't light, or soft. So many scratches on your hands. So many. 

Then, masonry. How do you make sure you're lining up the bricks. I mean, think of how hard it is to even write in a straight line. We used lined paper cause we can't even do THAT. 

You couldn't be a mason. I could not be a mason. Are you a mason? If you're a mason, you go mason, you rule. Thanks for the buildings. I truly could not have done that without you. 


2 comments:

  1. I love this post and your way of thinking. I once blogged about my admiration for garbage men. It's a job I couldn't do, but glad someone does because think of the alternative.

    p.s. I loved reading your bio in your sidebar. Hysterical! I'm sorry about your Honeywell fan. Did you find a suitable replacement?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! So true about the garbage man... Have you seen that show Dirty Jobs? Similar.

    P.S. Thanks! I did find a new fan whom I've painted orange... and he's even three speeds and oscillating. (Though I do miss ol' Honey.)

    ReplyDelete

Okay But, Pollywogs.

You may have never really thought about it, but there are tadpoles, and then there are frogs. But like, in between those two things, there i...